How to Get More Facebook Fans and Twitter Followers
Here’s some tips on how to get more Facebook fans and Twitter followers:
- Update all pages on a regular basis – it doens’t have to be every day or every hour but as long as your fans know you will be updating they will keep interest in your content. Tweeting everyday for a week and then not at all for a month will leave them wondering what’s up
- Post or tweet about entertaining or buzzworthy topics that interest consumers – if I see an interesting news article or hear something that I think my followers have an interest in I share it.
- Share links to items in the community that are important to people – similar to just posting a snippet of content. Share some links from time to time. You may think everyone else read it too but more often than not due to busy schedules people are only reading articles that their friends and influencers post
- Tweet about non-company related items – if your company is posting on Facebook or Twitter, don’t forget to talk about non-corporate items. Company picnic, foundation grants, charity events, industry news.
- Ask questions that encourage interaction between the company and the individual – your fans and followers like to be engaged – interacting with them keeps interests up and make people feel included.
- Have a contest, promotion, or offer a gift card to people that become fans or followers – everyone likes free stuff or the chance to win something exclusive. Its not that hard to build some excitement for your company with contest
- Find other business in the area that are on twitter and see who they are following – join other companies in your industry to engage consumers or fans. Learn about industry topics and find consumer insights with your competitors.
- Make the environment open and friendly enough that people feel comfortable leaving comments – if your Facebook or Twitter feed seems just one way, your fans might not talk back to you. While you might not be able to answer every question or reply to all comments, being engaged with your followers is always the best customer service policy.
- Thank current fans and followers for their support and utilize word of mouth by encouraging them to recruit other fans and followers.
- Include links to popular sites on Facebook and Twitter.
- Make sure to understand who your audience is and keep track of current trends.
- Include Facebook and Twitter on business cards.
- Promote Facebook on Twitter and Twitter on Facebook – use applications like Twitter’s Facebook app or Selective Tweets.